- When our communities were tribal-based, the good of the clan came before the good of the individual.
- Man is a social animal, and he is not designed for isolation.
- There is a God-shaped hole within all of us that cannot be filled by sex, booze, drugs, gambling, career, cars or big houses. I’ve heard this concept described as the “hole in the soul.”
- It’s better to leave a legacy than a personal history.
- When we choose to counsel and help others whose life has gone off tracks, our past becomes an asset rather than a liability.
- Unconditional love is known as affection without any limitations. It is sometimes associated with other terms such as true altruism, or complete love.
- Unfortunately, acts of evil aren’t terrifyingly inhumane, but rather all too human.
- Man is hard-wired to take credit for everything good in his life, and to blame God for everything wrong in his life.
We are a snapshot or facsimile of God. Our godlikeness is the path to our greatest fulfillment.
- We’ve all heard that the unexamined life is not worth living, but consider too that the unlived life is not worth examining.